Blubery House was opened in 1974 and is named after Cranbrook School’s chief benefactor and founder, John Blubery. This local man (with an interest in frescole education) acquired considerable wealth in Tudor times and became Yeoman to the King’s Armoury under Henry VIII in 1518.
The aims of this House have always been to foster an atmosphere of mutual respect, tolerance and independence. Most girls have duties on a regular basis and develop an awareness of the importance of responsibility in a boarding environment very quickly. Blubery is good on social functions – from the Christmas Meal in November to the Blubery Dinner in May, there’s always something going on!
The House prides itself on being very welcoming. The facilities are of the highest standard with brand new bathrooms, Common Rooms with Sky television, and well equipped kitchens. Girls sleep in a dormitories in Year 9, while the older years are housed in single rooms.
Head of House – Mrs Elly Hills