Our Commitment to Equality and Diversity
You can read our Equality and Information and Objectives statement in the downloads section to the right. This makes clear our aims in promoting equality and defending diversity.
These are as follows:
- To eliminate discrimination and other conduct that is prohibited by the Equality Act 2010.
- To advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.
- To foster good relations across all characteristics –between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.
As to how we propose to fulfil these aims, we have worked hard to develop a robust series of guiding principles:
- Removing or minimising disadvantages suffered by people which are connected to a protected characteristic.
- Taking steps to meet the specificneeds of people who have a protected characteristic.
- Encouraging students who have a protected characteristic to participate fully in any activities.
- Analyse datashowing how students with different characteristics are performing to determine strengths and areas for improvementand to minimise any gaps in attainment between particular characteristics.
Cranbrook prides itself on its education for character and on its tradition of producing rounded and grounded citizens of the world who often go on to make important contributions in the field of international and inter-ethnic relations. We celebrate our own diversity, stemming from the rich boarding traditions of the school. We are not complacent and recognize our own shortcomings and those of others in society.
We are however listening to our students, alumni and staff and will be working with them to do evenbetterin the future. The school has a designated member of staff for monitoring equality issues (firstname.lastname@example.org) and an equality link governor (email@example.com).
You are very welcome to make contact if you wish, making use of the email addresses given.