Are You Bored At Home? Then Create Your Own Adventure
By Scarlet, Evie, Tad and Felix
In the local area, there are many activities to participate in. We have listed some here to give you an idea on what to do.
First of all, there are lots of activities in and around Cranbrook such as:
- Cranbrook Union Windmill- Climb to the top on a tour.
- Cranbrook Museum- Explore Cranbrook’s history
- Bewl Water- it has a great lake and paths around making it a great place to take your dog.
- Bedgebury and Go Ape- Walk through the endless forest or climb and swing through the trees.
- Hush Heath Winery- Vine yard to walk your dogs after tasting wine.
- Pashley Manor Gardens- Have a lovely stroll through the gardens.
- Sissinghurst Castle- Explore the small castle and its beautiful grounds.
- Scotney Castle- Venture through the historic castle and its colourful scenery.
- Hemsted Forest- You can take a stroll or maybe ride a horse.
- Kino (Hawkhurst Cinema)- watch a movie in comfort.
Adding onto this, there are many bike rides and walks, where you can walk and cycle and enjoy the breath-taking scenery.
School Lodges Adventures
In February, Mr Rogers took School Lodge to clip and climb; an activity centre in Tonbridge.
We held an exclusive interview with Mr Rogers, head of school lodge. In this interview we asked if the year 9’s enjoyed their day out, he said, “They had fun in the end but at first they were scared of letting go at the top.” We also asked about why they went to clip and climb and it turns out that a boy in year 10 has parents who own the facility.
We then asked what Mr Rodgers enjoyed most, he stated, “I liked the new section which consists of rock like features instead of manmade structures, I liked this because I love rock climbing.”
In the past, School Lodge has been on many trips, including: paintballing, the cinema, Nando’s and more. We asked what he would want to do again and he has already organised another trip for paintballing. In the future, he wishes to take School Lodge on a residential trip maybe to France but this would cost a lot.