Our mission, vision and values
Our focus for the next years can be summarised as follows:
- To promote high academic achievement.
- To provide pastoral care of the highest order.
- To build character.
It does so from a long-standing commitment to its grammar school and boarding traditions. Cranbrook strives to prepare its students to take their place in the world as learners and exemplary citizens. It does so by building resilience through a strong tradition of education for character.
Cranbrook School is proud of its place at the heart of the local community. It seeks to meet the expectations of past, present and future members and partners of the school. This is how it proposes to do this:
To ensure our current students maximise their potential, both in examination performance and in their all-round development. Our academic, pastoral and schoolwide enrichment programmes are the keys to our success.
To celebrate the achievements of former students – supporting them by offering advice, keeping touch and welcoming back.
We are reaching out to a wider cross-section of the community than ever before and wish to make accessible to future generations all that we have to offer – from day students close to home, to boarders from further afield and from abroad.
To nurture learning and leadership through strength in our community, character and partnerships.
- Respect: for each other, for learning and for our community.
- Aspire: to be the best we can as individuals and as a school.
- Achieve: high standards in learning, sport, the creative arts and adventures.
Key aspirations 2019-2022
- To review and reform our Curriculum at Key Stage 3, so that it is enjoyable, enriching and purposeful.
- To review and reform our Co-curricular programme, so that it is enjoyable, character-building and accessible to all.
- To focus on Professional Development, so that the school is recognised for its contribution to educational training within and outside the school.
- To research and invest in the wellbeing of staff and students so that time in school is rewarding and promotes resilience across the school.
The Quality Improvement Plan 2019-2022 and Cranbrook School Quality Improvement Plan 2019-22 Progress Planner sets out our targets for the academic year in more detail.