New Sixth Form Centre
Your new sixth form centre is now open for business and very much being enjoyed by our sixth form students. The staff and students would like to thank everyone involved in the whole project for this superb new facility but especially we would like to thank:
- Clays Architects for having the vision for our Old Gym, for listening to all our requirements for our sixth form students and then delivering exactly that (and making sure we ran to budget!);
- Coleman and James, building contractors, who built it to schedule (even though it was incredibly tight and none of them had a day off during the process, not even a weekend because they were so committed to delivering on time) and to budget (phew!). We almost didn’t know they were doing it (although it was term time as well as exam time) because they were so quiet. They even didn’t mind that people kept popping in to have ‘a peek’! And especially for loving our Memorial Arch and restoring it so beautifully;
- Gareth Jordan (parent) and his team at Space Workplace for the fantastic interior design and furnishings, particularly the design of the upstairs quiet area with lovely big work spaces, the downstairs social area with lots of different seating areas, the references to the Old Gym especially the benches and the eclectic furniture – OK the whole thing is incredibly fabulous. We still can’t believe it;
- Cranbrook School staff who, in addition to their usual workloads, spent hours liaising with the contractors, picking colours, bulbs, switches, toilet seats etc., everything in fact down to the tiniest detail. They did all this because they wanted the students to have this most amazing work and social space. Our thanks goes especially to the Bursar, Karen Radford and to Tony Bailey and his team;
- the Campaign Board and Campaign Volunteers. For all those Tuesday nights scheming, the unexpected yoga breathing practice, the ‘ask’ training (thank goodness for the yoga breathing) and for boldly getting out there and asking for the contributions….. it was character building! Special thanks to Nicola Timlin and her team in the Campaign Office;
- the Headmaster, the Trustees and the Governors for bravely embarking on this project in difficult conditions. Thank you for all the time, attention and energy you give to the school; and finally
- all those parents, past parents, friends and Old Cranbrookians who pledged and donated to the fundraising. Your vision, kindness and generosity has made this incredible dream a reality for the students of Cranbrook School.
Thank you all for making it happen.
Please click here to view some wonderful photos taken by Will Booth and Issy Humphreys.