Sixth Form Results
Cranbrook has enjoyed outstanding A-Level success in recent years.
Our students have performed superbly this year, especially when the changes to A-level are taken into account. It is even tougher to gain those top grades now and it is great to see so many of our students achieving them. In 2017, our students achieved:
A*-B = 71%
A*-C = 90%
Typically, around 95% of each A Level year go on to University or Higher Education with the vast majority gaining entry to their college of choice.
As with 2016, 10 places were secured at Oxbridge colleges, bringing the total number of places gained in 2016 and 2017 to 20.
Between 50-60% of our Year 13 leavers have secured places at top Russell Group or Sutton Trust 13 universities over the last two years.
Oxford and Cambridge Destinations 2016:
- Piers Crowther – Robinson College Cambridge, Anglo-Saxon, Norse and Celtic
- Josh Hillier – Fitzwilliam College Cambridge, Land Economy
- Suelynn Lee – Homerton College Cambridge, Engineering
- Phoebe Thomas – Clare College Cambridge, Modern and Medieval Languages
- Holly Platt-Higgins – Clare College Cambridge, English
- Rafael Bertoli-Mitchell – Christ’s College Cambridge, Modern and Medieval Languages
- Alex Walker – Balliol College Oxford, PPE
- Ellie Wride – St John’s College Oxford, PPE
- Gemma Robinson – St Peter’s College Oxford, History of Art
- Issy Stanley – Christ Church College Oxford, Psychology and Philosophy